Deadline extended to July 15, 2016
discount for VPHi members
The conference fee is 480 Euro.
This conference fee includes:
- coffee, tea and refreshments on each conference day
- lunch on each conference day
- reception on first conference day
- pre-registration reception on Sunday 25 September
As a PhD student you can receive a discount of 100 Euro.
In order to register for this discount you should be able to show a letter of your supervisor or another proof stating that you are a PhD student. You will be asked to upload such letter during registration.
Also note that we will have a limited number of travel grants available for PhD students. More information see below on this page.
If you are a VPHi Personal member, or you are affiliated to a VPHi Ordinary or Supporting member you can receive a reduction of 50 Euro. Check the VPHi member list here. If you aren’t a member yet, don’t miss the opportunity to join now, click here.
On September 27, the VPH conference dinner will take place in the winter garden of the Krasnapolsky hotel on Dam square, right in the historic city center of Amsterdam.
The price is 75 Euro and includes:
- a one way boat trip from the conference location through the Amsterdam Canals to a location within walking distance of the dinner location
- a three-course menu and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
You can sign up for the conference dinner on the registration site by buying a ticket for the boat tour & conference dinner. There is also the possibility to register for the boat trip without attending the conference dinner.
The late registration conference fee will be 580 Euro, all reductions as stated above apply.
Travel Grants for Ph.D. Students – application is no longer possible
To qualify for these travel grants you must:
- Have submitted an abstract to the conference, which is accepted, and
- Come to the conference to present your paper/poster (so be registered as participating PhD student)
Moreover, to quality for the grant sponsored by the VPH institute, an additional requirement is that you are a VPHi student member (note that the fee for membership is only €10, click here for more information).
To apply, you should submit a cover letter, your CV and a short research statement (1A4). Together with your abstract this set of documents will then be judged by a jury. You must submit your application before the early registration deadline of the conference, so before July 8, 2016. You will receive the outcome one week later.